Mountainlair offers students great jobs and are flexible in accommodating student schedules. Working at Mountainlair will not only provide you with real-world experience to help build a great resume, but also the opportunity to work with a professional staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed. Please browse below for available positions we currently have open, as well as, a general student employment application.
Click a link below to go directly to a specific position.
- Supervisor Mountainlair Night Operations
- General Student Employment
- Mountainlair Night Operations Building Supervisors
Supervisor Mountainlair Night Operations
The Lair Personnel Night Operations in the Division of Student Life at West Virginia University is seeking applications for Supervisor Mountainlair Night Operations. This position is responsible for directing and supervising the operations and administration of the Mountainlair Student Union during periods when the facility is in operation after 4:45 p.m., including weekends and all special events taking place at the Mountainlair which would demand supervision until their conclusion.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Possess administrative and executive ability to organize, direct and determine appropriate action relating to the night activities and operations of a student union.
- Have the ability to respond to emergency situations and react to different and often complex situations.
- Be familiar with and have a basic understanding of services, policies, regulations, resources and business operations bearing on the success of a student union.
- Understand how to supervise, train and assign tasks to a large staff of student workers.
Work Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 4:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. ; Friday and Saturday 6:00 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
For more details please visit: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/staff/jobdetail.ftl?job=03845
General Student Employment
Please fill out our online application for potential general student employment
Now hiring for the FALL 2016 semester! Mountainlair Night Operations Building Supervisors
Join a team that works around YOUR class schedule.
Building Supervisors oversee the operation of the Mountainlair Student Union from 4:30pm to close Monday – Friday, and from open to close on Saturday and Sunday. Building Supervisors work an average of two to three shifts per week for a maximum of 20 hours per week at a rate of $9.50 per hour. Schedules are based on your preferences and you are encouraged to request time off as needed. A minimum 2.5 GPA is required.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Opening meeting rooms
- Working with customers
- Issuing reservations for meeting room use
- Securing the facility when the building closes
- During Friday and Saturday nights, Building Supervisors are responsible for
o Overseeing the WVUp All Night program
o Checking IDs for entry to the program
o General building supervision
o Closing the facility at the end of the program
- This position includes supervision of the Information Center, Games Area, Side Pocket and JACS Convenience Store student staff during the evenings and weekends.
Applications are now being accepted and interviews will continue until all vacancies are filled. Positions will begin July 1, 2016 with online training and all applicants must be available to begin work on campus by August 1, 2016.
For more information or to apply online, visit http://bit.ly/NightOps.